Sunday, May 27, 2012

China 3: Vehicles of China

When I was little, I pedalled my tricycle around fast and furiously, confident in the knowledge that with this vehicle at my disposal I could go anywhere, do anything and conquer the world.

Of course, I grew up and my tricycle and I eventually graduated to four wheels…. I wish I had known then what more those three wheels could do! Now I see millions of adults riding their three-wheelers and conquering their world and I am envious.

When I am big I wanna drive a three wheeler like this…
Stronger, hardier you could not find. And like this…

Providing a taxi service… albeit a trifle nerve-wracking for customers, but I guess that depends on your speed round the corners. Not recommended for kids’ lift clubs.
I might consider driving one like this…

Because in winter your hands will be warm in your fixed-on-forever gloves (but man, do these gloves need washing! Certainly all those that we saw.)

Or maybe like this… warm inside, no gloves required. And these guys are seriously easy to park out of the way on tiny roads!
Then again, these three-wheelers look good and are useful…
    

But if they are needed for vegetables then it is not a blue job: the wife must do it, I don't do vegetables.

Now this one looks just like my kid’s tricycle, but it has grown somewhat…
And this is the most pretending-to-be-adult of all the three wheelers:
Deviating from the topic, add an extra wheel and look what hard-core beasts you get in China…


         Three-wheeler in training…?

2 comments:

  1. Did you ride/drive any 3 wheelers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rolf and Irene, I love this series of photos!

    ReplyDelete